The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Another 1G 1.8L fuel gauge question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krawdad67

Probationary Member
Dec 3, 2023
Boles, Arkansas
I have a 93 Laser 1.8 5 speed base that the fuel gauge doesn’t move from empty.

When I got it the fuel pump and sending unit wires had been worked on by a previous owner, but has been repaired. Even grounding the wires will not move the needle on the gauge. Is there a separate fuse for the fuel gauge, all other gauges seem to work fine.

I have a Chrysler manual for it but it’s no help.

All gauges get their power through the same fuse.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Check the gauge, wiring to the gauge from the sender, and the fuel level sender itself.

Update on my fuel gauge, after I finally got around to dropping my fuel tank to change the pump due to it jerking and surging at speed, I found out it almost had more rust than gas in the tank. After drying it out, banging on the outside with a rubber hammer, 2 rounds of pressure washing and a couple of gallons of vinegar, I get it put back together and filled the tank. Now my fuel gauge works. Unfortunately, I still have the original running issue, but Hey, working gas gauge, so I count that as progress.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back