The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Can a 420A handle more power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#PapiLuis_90

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2023
Los Angeles, California
So I know a 4g63 is golden for power I get that and its way better then the 420a but if I would want to stay with the one I got (420a) can it handle a turbo on there with headers and all that good stuff? I do understand adding more power can always make your car unreliable so I want to flirt in that fine line where it's my daily driver but still got some pepp in it.

If it’s your daily driver, then never a good idea to make that drastic of a change. No “headers” are going to make an engine capable of safely holding more, only building the engine with the correct parts, proper tuning, etc will change that. There are a few users here who have made some numbers with the 420a and documented their journey, and some here that have pushed them knowing the involved risks. What it boils down to is if it’s your only means of reliable transportation then trying to get a bunch more out of it isn’t for you right now. The cost alone of doing something as so reliably could buy you a reliable beater car or 3.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back