The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Can't ACL do anything right: a rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My offer still stands if needed Curt. I am always happy to help. I my situation, I did what you just said and ordered a 2nd set which is why I have spares.

This new knowledge makes me wanna go open my ACL’s and inspect them. Either way when the time comes I will scrutinize now just like @gsxitement said.
This thread brings new meaning to page 6 in the ACL "Race Series Application Guide 2023" where they have about half a page talking about the weird "Appearance" of these bearings when you take them out of the box. I don't think they mention embedded metal slivers though! 😝

Well my last set for the current build had one in it. My pictures are on my old phone or I would post them (if I could find them). I tried a needle, a small pick, but could not disembed it from that shell. If I find the pics, since I will be home tomorrow, I will post them. I couldn't get myself to use that on a new balanced crank.

This thread brings new meaning to page 6 in the ACL "Race Series Application Guide 2023" where they have about half a page talking about the weird "Appearance" of these bearings when you take them out of the box. I don't think they mention embedded metal slivers though! 😝

Or scratches in the bearing surface, which is what this thread was about. I always thought ACL bearings looked pretty cool, but their care and due diligence leaves a lot to be desired.

Out of curiosity….on the box….where does it say they were made?
I'll let you know as soon as I get them back. I don't recall any box in my order had origin printed on it, as I was looking for duty purposes when I was crossing the border.. but will look again when I have them in hand and report. Same with the second set.

I'll let you know as soon as I get them back. I don't recall any box in my order had origin printed on it, as I was looking for duty purposes when I was crossing the border.. but will look again when I have them in hand and report. Same with the second set.
I mean the box the bearings came in. They were in a yellow box?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Oh you know what, seeing the box just dawned on me. I think they said Made in Australia.. I seem to recall my wife saying something about it at the time.
Shrug, will validate when I can.

Oh you know what, seeing the box just dawned on me. I think they said Made in Australia.. I seem to recall my wife saying something about it at the time.
Shrug, will validate when I can.
Ok cool. There was a rumor going around that they started making them in China and was curious if that had something to do with your current situation.

Just got my second set of rods and mains, both labelled Made in Australia.

This second set is better than the first in regards to defects. Only one thrust bearing shell had some scratches at the radius, probably when they were gathering for packaging. I'm not the least bit concerned about that one. How are they for consistency with respect for clearances, that's the Q..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I made sure to record a video of the entire unboxing and removal from packaging just in case.

I think that's the shittiest looking photo I've ever taken OMG what is with the compression artficats.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back