The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 1G MAF part number confusion!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EC17PSE

Freelancer
Nov 1, 2008
London, UK, Europe
Hey all. I need some help on this while working on my 1G NT 4G63.

Refurbing the MAF system and i know the NT uses 6 pins vs Turbo 7 pins however this is where things get odd! Searching the MAF part number its coming up as a turbo MAF? But it's 6 pins! And the other part number is showing as non turbo even though its 7 pins?

Why is online wrongly listed for the part numbers? I also find nothing here on a search because i have this weird filter / air flow diffuser, I don't know about or what its called so its been out in but what actually is it?

E5T02871, is coming up as non turbo but has 7 pins

E5T01871, is coming up as turbo but has 6 pins ( thus non turbo )? Online sales places this this one as the turbo MAF though?

Anyone confirm the part numbers for models etc as I know going by pins but whats the differences on them? And any ideas on this MAF air flow filter/smoother thing and are they replaceable later on in time.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Someone can confirm, but I’m almost positive the European 1g NT cars used the same MAF as the turbo cars unlike their US spec counterparts. I say this because the 2 are visually different even the canister it sits on, yet in pictures I’ve seen of stock Euro NT 1g’s the MAF canister has the appearance of the turbo cars, not the US spec NT cars.

Why they did this I’ll never know, but the way I see it your findings further confirm this as that’s indeed a 1g turbo MAF.

EDIT: OR the Euro NT 1g uses a completely different MAF that resembles the turbo version visually when side by side the us spec 1g NT MAF and turbo MAF are visually different in more ways than one.

Someone can confirm, but I’m almost positive the European 1g NT cars used the same MAF as the turbo cars unlike their US spec counterparts. I say this because the 2 are visually different even the canister it sits on, yet in pictures I’ve seen of stock Euro NT 1g’s the MAF canister has the appearance of the turbo cars, not the US spec NT cars.

Why they did this I’ll never know, but the way I see it your findings further confirm this as that’s indeed a 1g turbo MAF.

EDIT: OR the Euro NT 1g uses a completely different MAF that resembles the turbo version visually when side by side the us spec 1g NT MAF and turbo MAF are visually different in more ways than one.
This car was imported from the US originally. Its not a Euro car on this one. I just don't get why the listing pic I show is of a US seller saying its a turbo but its 6 pin? That's what confuses me. And why I got a 7 pin I don't know haha. The other 6 pin MAF is brand new OEM also. Shocking its new as I could not find one new when I searched.

So my air filter is the same as my friends 1G turbo so I'm not sure on the US spec canister. I saw a long round filter and the short oval filter which is the one i have also as the turbo.

I can confirm E5T01871 is non-turbo.

The extra turbo MAF I have on-hand actually shows E5T02071. So I’m less certain about the E5T02871 that you have. It does appear to have all the bits representative of a turbo MAF.

I pulled part numbers through both ASA US and EU. In both databases, the turbo MAFs were the same part number and the non-turbo MAFs were the same part numbers.

Here’s my E5T02071.

And together.

The star-shaped element is a silencer. It was at one point a replaceable piece. Most people have removed it and never looked back. No idea if you can find one new anymore.

I can confirm E5T01871 is non-turbo.

The extra turbo MAF I have on-hand actually shows E5T02071. So I’m less certain about the E5T02871 that you have. It does appear to have all the bits representative of a turbo MAF.

I pulled part numbers through both ASA US and EU. In both databases, the turbo MAFs were the same part number and the non-turbo MAFs were the same part numbers.

Here’s my E5T02071.

And together.

The star-shaped element is a silencer. It was at one point a replaceable piece. Most people have removed it and never looked back. No idea if you can find one new anymore.
Thanks for that. I guess the ebay listing i found is wrong but it confused me on it but i thought it was off when i saw the 7 pins vs 6 pins. Also cheers for the silencer bit. I was not sure if it was a flow smoother or not so thought it was best to out the new one in. Looks new anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back