The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G 2G Big Brake banjo fitting brake lines for 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This article does not cover the full swap from a 2G big brake to a 1G.

The main purpose is to show a very simple and cheap solution to the brake line that needs to be changed from a threaded one to one with a banjo fitting. I had all the parts from a 1997 car including the lines. I mounted the caliper and before removing my old line, I did a fit check to see how the line from the 2G would mount since it is a different design.

As the first picture shows, the part of the line with the spring is not in the proper direction and will be bent more than it should when the wheel is turned completely to one side. I wanted to keep the stock design and needed to only to change the rubber line that has the thread as shown in the second picture. I tried few parts store but none had something short like the one I wanted. So I decided to check the junkyard and to my surprise, I find a car that has the exact design as the 1G but with a banjo fitting. The car is a Hyundai Excel S coupe 1994.

The line is shown in the third picture and fits perfectly and keep the same design as the original 1G. The last picture shows the line mounted and how it looks. The cost of the lines from the junkyard was a total of $3. This brake line can be found in the 1993 and 1994 Hyundai Excel and may be other years but I could not check it.

I hope this will give more options to all those who are going to do this upgrade. I would also recommend changing the metallic short line that goes between the two rubber pieces because they usually get corroded. The part I used is a pre-made 3/16" x8" long with METRIC thread available at any part store. They only cost around $5 and you can bend them with any small $5 tube bender or by hand if you are careful.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back