The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Shootout 2024 scramble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The fastest pull and replace I ever did was on a lift with a hoist. Raise and lower the car as needed to remove everything in the way until L & R motor mounts are left, then just off ground, hang the engine on the hoist, unbolt the motor mounts, and lower the engine to the floor.

Raise the car away from the motor, mark the spot on the floor, slide or lift the trans/engine combo out of the way, and then execute the reverse using the marks on the floor to position the setup so nothing gets crushed when you bring the car back down over it.

After this, every other method seems awful

Man, with a lift that would absolutely be the way to go. Would be so much easier LOL. Maybe in the future when I get into a bigger garage that is definitely something I will look into.

Alright, got some time and nice weather in the garage so got the xfer case tacked up, the rear diff tacked up and also the wire harness is finally finished and routed. Actually still trying to decide what to do with the wiper connection but will probably route it into the cowl and leave it there. Here are some update pics!

1712350501087.jpeg

1712350554596.jpeg

I have a gap between the rear diff side brace and subframe so I am going to have to drop the diff again and press the bushings out a small amount. More to come soon.

Very small update, but got the door lock/opening latch cleaning up and stripped it down to just things needed for manual operation. Rods are being powder coated. Took me 5 latches to get two good ones made.

1712528903422.jpeg

Total weight savings LOL

1712529033980.png

Looks damn good what driveshaft is that im looking at getting a aluminum one down the road.

It is the dss aluminum driveshaft. I got lucky and snagged a gently used one instead of having to wait the month+ wait from dss on having one made. It is freaking massive too LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back