The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Shootout 2024 scramble

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOL, I'm laughing cause every time you post a pic with those stands, you revisit this topic. Nice to see people with safety in mind, even if you get to hear it again.

Yeah but like you said, glad people are concerned for my safety LOL. Don't get me wrong, I wish there was some way to make it super safe AND be able to move it around like I need, but this works and with the extra set in place when its static, I don't see an issue with it. Take yesterday for example.. 90* during most of the day and then around 18:00 freaking hail out of nowhere... so the GSX has to be mobile.

Well, started the interior seams today. Sucked it up and knocked out every single seam (besides some fine detail work) up to the fuel tank. Since I did so well on the engine bay, figured I would spray the interior myself too. So here is the mess that followed and then once I did a shit load of cleaning haha. Enjoy.

1688599418335.jpeg

1688599434531.jpeg

Hoping to get new sealer down in a couple days and then heat barrier on interior firewall after that.

I just went through your whole build and wow! I'm over impressed to be honest. I'm so OCD about rust and perfection, i think my build is going to be taking a very hard turn, for the better of course. Keep up the great work!

Made some progress. Floor is finally fully sanded and prepped. Sprayed the seams and then seam sealer goes down tonight after work. Hoping to spray interior Wednesday.

1689281419838.jpeg

1689281439981.jpeg

The studs on the front seat mount are really bad and cross threaded/stripped so I’m going to weld the aftermarket mounts after painting. Yay..

Weld now, paint after!

The seat plate would cover a lot of the floor and would leave spots I would not be able to spray. So plan is to mask off the seat plate areas that will be welded and then touch it up once welded. Rather paint that little small area around the welds than miss a lot of the floor that is covered but the seat plate. It makes sense in my mind LOL!

Seam sealer down.. now to wait the 90+ hours to cure.

View attachment 701980
That’s crazy, glad the Eastwood seam sealer didn’t take 90 hours to cure, although I guess it wouldn’t have mattered in my case cuz I had to wait until the following week to do anything anyways. Looking good bro!

I was thinking about your seat plate covering parts of the floor, with trapped area that could not be sprayed - and then I though about a 32oz big gulp accidentally spilling, leaving a sticky mess for ants that you could not reach to clean.

Can you weld in fasteners for the plate that would allow you to disassemble it for access?

I was thinking about your seat plate covering parts of the floor, with trapped area that could not be sprayed - and then I though about a 32oz big gulp accidentally spilling, leaving a sticky mess for ants that you could not reach to clean.

Can you weld in fasteners for the plate that would allow you to disassemble it for access?

I can 100382% assure you there will never be any big gulps or food/drink in the car.. ever LOL. But that is not a bad idea of coming up with some way to make it removable. I will sit down and see if it's something I can try and do. Thank you for the idea!

I can 100382% assure you there will never be any big gulps or food/drink in the car.. ever LOL. But that is not a bad idea of coming up with some way to make it removable. I will sit down and see if it's something I can try and do. Thank you for the idea!
If you don’t drive that thing through at least one drive through I will be supremely disappointed 🤨 - its a moral imperative

Seam sealer down.. now to wait the 90+ hours to cure.

View attachment 701980
This is like watching a new car built from scratch. Just awesome. Let me ask an utter noob question, though: what does the application of seam sealer -DO-, from an engineering point of view?

This is like watching a new car built from scratch. Just awesome. Let me ask an utter noob question, though: what does the application of seam sealer -DO-, from an engineering point of view?
I’m no engineer but if I had to guess some structural stability, I would imagine some deadening affects, water intrusions, rust prevention etc. the more all these stamped pieces act as one the better.

The main purpose of any seam sealer is to keep out and prevent water intrusion. Anywhere the metal meets there is always the possibility of water working it’s way into the seam and creating corrosion. As you know, mitsu really did not do the best job with the application in some areas or even at all haha. So I just go above and beyond to ensure a completely rust free start and future. Sure, a lot of it is overboard but I feel that’s what kinda sets me apart in my builds. Just glad people enjoy watching the process! Thanks man.

Alright, finally sucked it up and sprayed the interior. Once again, worse part is just the prep. Takes hours to tape, cover and double check for overspray etc. Then the actual spraying takes like an hour and half hahaha. But it’s done! Not I’m going to start mounting the custom harnesses I made and go from there.

Oh, going to but some heat barrier material on the interior firewall so track days are more tolerable LOL.

1689884038157.jpeg

1689884099445.jpeg

Another week down and closer to shoot out. Leaning more and more towards not being able to make shoutout with the car, but I will still be there regardless. Here is more progress though. Waiting on a huge set of parts at the powder coat and almost at a stand still until they are back. But did get some small things done.

Need to clean up line routing and finalize location once master in on but here are lines for abs delete.

1690403358210.jpeg

Got the seat bracket welded on as well and started prepping for re-painting and touch up.

1690403418287.jpeg

Bought a used carbonetics hatch that had never been installed but had two scratches on the tail. So using the new skills from painting and touch up I was able to work the hatch so they are not noticeable and polished it.

1690403533457.jpeg

Where’d you get the flexible stainless brake lines? I got some rolls of ni-cop but now maybe I wanna go that route..

Rtm sells an abs delete kit with the rear stainless lines as a drop down option. If you want the rears I believe you can just select rears option and no to everything else.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back