The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Where would you mount racing seat harness to?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For this specific harness you would use the rear lower 7/16 unf mounting locations. 1 from the OEM latch receiver and the other from the lower belt mounting. Due to the design these can be places below the normal harness angles as 3 points can be due to their design!

You will then mount the front lap section to the door frame and then seat by the receiver! Ideally though you want BOTH mounts to the frame as if the seat comes away, you will to with the belt attached to it, so you COULD drill a well placed hole and use a spreader plate on the underside and bolt it on through there. Making sure you are on a strong bit of metal and supported around it.

For this specific harness you would use the rear lower 7/16 unf mounting locations. 1 from the OEM latch receiver and the other from the lower belt mounting. Due to the design these can be places below the normal harness angles as 3 points can be due to their design!

You will then mount the front lap section to the door frame and then seat by the receiver! Ideally though you want BOTH mounts to the frame as if the seat comes away, you will to with the belt attached to it, so you COULD drill a well placed hole and use a spreader plate on the underside and bolt it on through there. Making sure you are on a strong bit of metal and supported around it.
Man thank you so much for the details I appreciate it! If I did all that, considering that is a DOT approved harness, I should be able to drive legally and safely on the road in AZ right?

Man thank you so much for the details I appreciate it! If I did all that, considering that is a DOT approved harness, I should be able to drive legally and safely on the road in AZ right?
should and can is different on the tester and how they feel on the day. if you took the dot approval certificate and if they question it give them that and it should help your case to be ok

As Bobby said, what your local PD enforces is a whole different thing. In my location nothing but the factory belt is considered legal, DOT approved or not.

As Bobby said, what your local PD enforces is a whole different thing. In my location nothing but the factory belt is considered legal, DOT approved or not.
I heard my local PD don't care about this stuff they're busy dealing with crime, the only way I would be able to get in trouble is if I'm not wearing a DOT approved harness or belt to my knowledge.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back