The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 97 Eclipse GS Crank no start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesstori0417

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2024
Kissimmee, Florida
My 97 Eclipse GS cranks but won’t start. This all happened after an oil change. I’ve gotten a new battery already, new plugs and wires, coil pack, im getting spark. there was no fuel at the rail so i got a new fuel pump and sensor, and an ect sensor as well. Still cranking but not starting. I’m not sure what else to try i was gonna try to install new fuel injectors to see if that helps but it doesn’t make sense this all happened after an oil change, maybe i’m looking at the wrong things.

if you take off the intake tube and hold open the throttlw body and spray staring fluid in it, will it start and run for a second or two?

have you verified at the fuel pump, that the fuel pump is receiving 12volts to power on? you may need to get a volt meter

for the factory service manual you can get it online entirely free at Www.charm.li

i just took off the brake booster hose and if i plug it with my finger it just cranks but when i unplug it it starts up. yeah the fuel pump is getting 12 volts and i have spark.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back