The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What did you do to your DSM today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotta ask - you’re positive that they aren’t 3/8” - 16?

16 TPI equates to 0.0625 inch pitch, just larger than a metric 1.5mm pitch (0.06 inches). The diameter is too large for a M9 and too small for a M10. I’d expect the diameter to be slightly under the nominal measure (.375), though .364 (9.25 mm) is slightly under what I would expect to see. :hmm:

Might be worth a double-check.
I'll pull the measurements against SAE metrics and see what I get. I should have thought to do that with all the mismatched madness I've seen on the car already. I wouldn't be surprised if they are SAE

Well I'll be darn @19Eclipse90 you hit the nail on the head with that one (the bolt was JUST barely at 3/8. If i moved it ever so slightly it would read 3/8 but just wasnt quite there so could be device error). Now I just need to source some studs haha. Also need to get new spacers because the ones that were on there are 4mm under OEM. Additionally, these injectors just have o-rings it seems, not insulators unless that's just how they are with using an o-ring in place of insulators and the slimmer spacers. Is this typical with aftermarket injectors or do they retain the OEM spec on spacers and use of OEM insulators?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Read the test sheet of my reman alternator from BBB/Wilson..
Anybody else have a sheet I can compare against? The ripple current seems excessively high, over double what I would have expected

Got the CAS on with the weirdly long studs. May hold off on the exhaust manifold just for clearance when putting the engine back in.
Also does anyone have the studs and nuts for the 1g thermostat housing? I've got washers

Got the CAS on with the weirdly long studs. May hold off on the exhaust manifold just for clearance when putting the engine back in.
Also does anyone have the studs and nuts for the 1g thermostat housing? I've got washers

Oddly enough they are the same as exhaust studs. I have spares if you dont!

Eight years after buying the big boy IWG EFR turbo, and three years after getting the hot parts kit from Morrison Fab to make it work. I’ve picked up a low-profile wastegate actuator to tuck the canister as much as possible. It’s probably not going to fit with the stock rad where it is, but will it fit an Evo with a tucked Scirocco radiator and no cutting anywhere? A transmission will go back in and we’ll find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sat in it and rowed gears from the passenger seat. I haven't driven a manual since 2022 and it's eating me...

I didn't make any sounds but I did watch through the windshield the ends of the shifter cables go up and down

I can one up you. It’s been since like 2019 for me.

Located and pulled the OEM ECU that was running everything else while the Microtech took care of fuel and ignition. This wiring is worse and worse the deeper I get. Anyone got a 2ga engine harness? Haha

Located and pulled the OEM ECU that was running everything

Never hurts to find a 2G EPROM ECU. :)

Charging the battery as we chat.....

Worked on interior, plumbed up the bay for wiring , and catch can. hooked up sensors in bay getting ready to finish up master cylider for the clutch soon.. Stripping valve cover for repaint, order 2k clear for stuff, and brembo decals.

I hid the Blue 92 in the shop, under the Impala SS that was on the lift. She is sitting UNDER that big ole beast but at least she didn't get beat on by the hailstorm we had last night (hence why I was charging the battery a couple posts back). I wish I had a picture, it is quite a sight. Maybe I will grab one when I get off work and add it to this post. :thumb:

I hid the Blue 92 in the shop, under the Impala SS that was on the lift. She is sitting UNDER that big ole beast but at least she didn't get beat on by the hailstorm we had last night (hence why I was charging the battery a couple posts back). I wish I had a picture, it is quite a sight. Maybe I will grab one when I get off work and add it to this post. :thumb:

Nice move. DSM quarter panels are atrocious to take hail damage out of. Don't specifically remember 1g's but 2g quarter panels damn near have no access to the top of the quarters at all.

"STACKED" Storage for small cars! :)
That Impala SS weighs about 4800 lbs but she is sitting on the locks of the lift. :thumb:
We had golf ball size hail all around our area and a couple tornadoes for kicks and giggles :oops:

These poor cars had to take whatever we got but thank God it was just pea size hail for us. Phew!!! 🙏

Last edited:
I FINALLY ASSEMBLED MY ENGINE, tack welded the timing belt metal cover plates that had split apart, painted them matte black to match the VR4 black cover, installed the new dimpled/slotted EBC rear Rotors, reinstalled the calipers, and had many Cola and Potayto Chips. Umaru!

This. :)

Woot! Also discovered that one of the two short tcase bolt holes is stripped clean. So it’s just gonna have to survive on 4 tcase bolts because there’s no way I’m dropping it just to send the trans out to get a thread repaired. I don’t have a drill big enough to fit the drill bit required to helicoil it myself.

But whatever. It’ll be enough to drive the pig.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back